11.02.2006

a miracle: a new post

I have been told by certain people to "Update your stinkin' blog!" but that my "blog doesn't really stink.... except for lately when there's been no updates." Now, I note that that same person is slightly ill with a terrible head cold (ahem, karma?). So, to give said person some reading material, here's a new post.

I feel as though blogging is a little hard right now.... There's so much that's different about life right now, and so much that's the same. It's taken me a while to get back into the swing of things that aren't (a) being with my husband, (b) taking care of general house business, and (c) catching up with people I've missed hanging out with in all the wedding hullabaloo. A short list of random things to get the blog energies flowing again......

  1. Since having spare time to, umm, think I've taken up reading again. Right now I'm making my way through The Captive Mind. It's a supercool book that is written in the form of case studies on some prominent artists and writers in the satellite countries in the beginning of the Soviet Bloc. It's interesting to read how, one by one, they submitted their art, and their minds to the Centre.
  2. We still don't have a couch (did I even blog about that mess???). But, wonderfully, it's going to facilitate a larger housewarming party than would be possible if we did have a couch.
  3. A lesson. If you take your belly-button ring out because it doesn't look nice under your wedding dress, put it back in right away.
  4. I watched to movie Casanova, and was pleased to find out that, indeed, there really was a real Casanova, who was even cooler than the one in the movie. Turns out the real guy was soooooo controversial because he was a sexual revolutionary who promoted the idea of "partner-pleasure." (WHAT!! You mean, women can actually enjoy sex??? Scandalous!)
  5. I think Halloween is much smaller now then it was when I was little. Mind you...I have gotten bigger.

Still to come:
  • Wedding photos (we're still waiting too!!)...although my dear husband has some on his blog.
  • Books I can't wait to read
  • Adventures in plumbing
  • The division of labour

1 comment:

daif said...

BAH! So karma is to blame. I'm going to egg that guy's house!
Congrats on finally posting and I hope that your karma ear-infections go away soon.